Sunday, July 21, 2013

Southern Charm Cherry Cobbler

So, I am kind of obsessed with Kristina's Fully Raw youtube recipe videos. Today, I made her Fully Raw Southern Charm Cherry Cobbler! After my super generous friend Jennifer loaned me her Food Processor, I got to work to make this special treat for my mom on her birthday.

Ingredients:
- 1 to 2 cups pitted dates
- 4 dried figs
- 1/4 cup almonds
- meat from a coconut
- huge bowl of sliced cherries
- cinnamon

To extract the coconut meat from a young coconut takes a little work. I even got my brother to help me hammer it open in the back yard.

We finally defeated the coconut!
 
Beautiful white coconut inside

Snow cap anyone?
My brother did the hammering!



Second step = to create the gooey gorgeous date, fig, almond crust layer in the food processor. Just throw it all in and pulse/process until you get a gooey ball. Layer it in the bottom of your serving glasses and save some for another layer.







Finally, in your blender or Vitamix, blend together some cherries, coconut meat, cinnamon, and some dates for a decadent, creamy layer. Alternate your crust layer, sliced cherries, and blended cherry concoction twice and top with a cherry. Prepare to eat the whole thing because it tastes just that good. And, since it is super healthy, raw, and fresh, you won't feel guilty :)



 

 
 
It was definitely as epic as Kristina promised! Cheers to health!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment