Thursday, July 25, 2013

Colorful Veggie Dishes

So while going vegan, I have made several veggie dishes. It amazes me that just a few veggies can make a delicious meal or I can mix a bunch of veggies together to make an explosion of flavor! My favorite part is mixing veggies of all colors so that not only my mouth but also my eyes enjoy the dish! Stop eating dull colored foods and stop feeling dull.

Eat the rainbow and feel alive with energy!
Smile like the sun!
Radiate a glow!

Want something simple and easy?
How about only 4 ingredients?
Try making my Sweet Potato Spinach Salad!
All you do is wash, peel, and slice a sweet potato.
Cook it on medium heat in a skillet with olive oil until golden brown and soft throughout.
In a bowl, mix some spinach and balsamic vinegar (if desired). The olive oil makes a nice
dressing, too. Then top the spinach with the sweet potato bites!
Fresh, delicious, and easy!

 
 
Want an explosion of flavor?
Try my Veggie Leaves!
Saute corn, black beans, tomatoes, carrots, and red/orange/yellow bell peppers
in a skillet on medium heat with olive oil until warm. Cool slightly,
then top on romaine lettuce leaves, curl up and take a big bite! I like to sprinkle
some lemon juice on top, too. Of course, you can always make your own veggie combination. Anything's delicious!
 



Don't be afraid to try your own recipes. You really cannot go wrong with veggies. They are great for your health and delicious to your taste buds (well once you retrain them to enjoy fresh foods)!
Cheers to Veggies!

No comments:

Post a Comment