Sunday, June 30, 2013

Hot Yoga - Sweat It Out!

     Do you like to work out? Do you like to sweat? Do you like to de-stress? Then, you will enjoy hot yoga. This past week I signed up for a week of hot yoga classes at Gaia Flow Yoga for only $15. I loved it so much I wanted to share! In the past, I have participated in recreational yoga classes, done the P90X Yoga DVD, and went with my best friend Lila to a hot yoga class at a local gym. Out of these three, the hot yoga class was my favorite. Therefore, when Lila asked me to go to another hot yoga class with her this past Sunday, I immediately said yes!

Love my workout buddy, Lila

     After she already had me roped in, she mentioned that we were going to the hardest class at the Gaia Flow Yoga studio.... What?!! I'm not that good! But it turned out it did not even matter. In the yoga class, it is just you and the mat. You can work at any level you want because the instructor will give plenty of modifications and levels. Of course, there are also beginner classes and classes tailored to specific goals like strength or flexibility. There is no reason you shouldn't give a class a try! Guys, too! There was always at least one or two guys in each class. I was very impressed!
     So what exactly is hot yoga? Hot yoga is a type of yoga done at a heated temperature, typically between 90-95 degrees Fahrenheit. Yoga can help anyone work on their strength, flexibility, balance, and deep breathing, which in turn helps in other aspects of your fitness life. Furthermore, hot yoga is great because you definitely sweat (you are going to need a towel and water!). If you have ever been pessimistic about yoga because you did not feel like you got a good work out, then hot yoga will change your opinion! You will be sweating before you know it!
     On top of all the great benefits, my favorite part of hot yoga happens at the end. While lying in Savasana (corpse pose), the Gaia Yoga Flow instructors come around and give you a short massage with a wonderful, minty lotion that penetrates into your muscles (it reminded me of a pleasant version of Biofreeze). You walk out feeling like you had a great workout and are super de-stressed to tackle the rest of your day! So what are you waiting for?! If you want to try it out, check out the deal at Gaia Flow Yoga for a week of unlimited classes for $15. I ended up going to 6 classes I loved them so much. I dare you to beat that many! Overall, you will feel so great after each class, your friends will be wondering what made you glow! Don't be selfish, though, take them, too!
Namaste :)

No comments:

Post a Comment