Friday, August 2, 2013

Eating Raw!

I am so happy to be writing this blog post today, a beautiful Friday! I haven't been able to make a post for a while because I have been juggling work, babysitting, and summer school! eek! But, today while sitting here with the adorable puppies I am watching, I was reflecting on my Friday last week...

Last Friday, my awesome friend Lila and I went out to a restaurant in Dallas called Be Raw, a restaurant that serves only raw food dishes, nothing cooked. Why? Well, cooking foods destroys their plentiful enzymes that help our body function. Eating live foods makes you come alive as well! Don't you notice a difference after you eat a fresh apple as compared to a cooked applesauce? What about after eating fresh strawberries as compared to strawberry jam? I don't know about you, but I definitely have more energy after eating raw food, not to mention I feel healthier :)



My first impression of the cute, little nook called Be Raw was that it had a friendly, homey, healthy, welcoming feel, almost like a little sushi restaurant or cafĂ© where the seating is fairly close and cozy. My eyes were immediately drawn to their book shelf in the back where they had tons of books, magazines, and newspapers to read while dining. Here were some of the books I picked up to look at, but there were bunches more!


 
Now I bet you are wondering what we ordered? Pizza and Pasta! Say what? Well, the raw version of pizza and pasta, which let me tell you is absolutely, to die for delicious! They serve several types of pastas, but we ordered a Spaghetti and "Meat" Ball dish which included...
 
Zucchini noodles
with a meat ball and
sun dried tomato marinara!
 
Sun dried tomato marinara, black olives, diced tomato, sprouts, pistachio basil pesto, Italian seasoning, dash of pink salt & lemon, served over a bed of spiralized zucchini noodles with "meat" balls made from ground walnuts and such. The flavors blended together so well, you would have thought you were actually eating spaghetti!
 
Second, we ordered a sampling of their 3 pizzas: Margherita, California, and Greek. Take a look at this picture of it! My favorite was the California because I loved the sweet touch the pineapples added :)
Pizza Sampler at Be Raw
 

Finally, we topped it off with a Blissfully Green Elixir that tasted just like dark chocolate, my favorite! Trust me, we wanted to order more, but we were getting full at this point!



Like I said, Be Raw is a very cozy, friendly restaurant, so we ended up chatting with the neighbors dining next to us. Natalie, a triathlon coach, and her mom, who had flown in for her birthday! How sweet! We ended up having a ton of things in common with Natalie, including our obsession with raw food, Fully Raw Kristina, making recipes, and much more. We definitely made a friend and we are still keeping in touch to meet up again at Be Raw! What a nice evening!

I totally recommend trying out Be Raw. If you are used to eating a lot of processed, cooked foods, maybe try eating some raw fruits and veggies first to acclimate before you dive right in to Be Raw. The food tastes a lot better when you appreciate the health benefits and when your body knows it is an energizing meal. Here is a link to look at the rest of Be Raw's scrumptious recipes: http://www.berawfoodandjuice.com/menu.php

Next time I plan to try their Primavera Pasta Bowl... looks so yum!





Cheers to health!
 





 
 

 
 




 

 





No comments:

Post a Comment