Saturday, November 16, 2013

New Start November

School has been super busy, but I have been wanting to catch up on my blog writing for almost a month now! It's November and a time for new starts. With Thanksgiving and Christmas around the corner, it is time to give and gift. I have been blessed with so many opportunities, recipes, smiles, friends, and family this Fall, and I hope your Fall has been filled with goodness, too! Time to share all that has been happening :)

In October, I was grateful to go the Texas Veggie Fair, where one of my idols, Fully Raw Kristina, got to speak and demonstrate her recipe for an Orange, Spinach, Basil Smoothie. Needless to say I made it the next morning, especially after I saw Kristina's face light up when she tasted it! 

Fully Raw Kristina at the Texas Veggie Fair

While I was in Dallas, I stopped by my favorite restaurant, Be Raw, and had the scrumptious spiralized zucchini pasta! Hands down makes me want a Spiralizer to make this pasta myself, so a Spiralizer is definitely going on my Christmas list! 

Spiralized Zucchini Pasta from Be Raw

When I got back to school, I had an Engineering Dinner Banquet one night. When I asked for the vegetarian option, they brought me this beautiful stuffed tomato filled with zucchini, squash, and fresh pesto, drizzled with olive oil and placed on top of mashed potatoes. It was so amazing! I really wanted seconds! Trust me folks try asking for the vegetarian option sometime! 

Vegetarian Stuffed Tomato Entree

This past month has also been filled with a bunch of fun grocery shopping trips to HEB, Kroger, and my new favorite: Brazos Natural Foods. Every time I am amazed at all the beautiful colors. When I get home, I just can't wait to start washing everything and packaging it for the week. 

Grocery Shopping Goodies



So what all do I make with all the fruit and veggies I buy? A range of things... salads, smoothies, platters, snack jars, and more!

Fig, Orange, Grape Platter
 This was the last platter that I got to make with figs before the grocery store stopped carrying them! I miss them so much. Bring me figs friends!


Fruit Salad!



Fresh Salad!


Don't forget that Holidays are a time to make gorgeous recipes and play with your food! Here is a fruit pumpkin I made for a party, inspired by Fully Raw Kristina! 

Halloween Pumpkin made of fruit!
Inspired by Fully Raw Kristina!


Play with your food!


Finally got to drink smoothies from a mason jar. Absolutely love it! Makes it taste even better!

Beet Banana Smoothie with Chia Seeds
Mango, Peach, Kale, Wheatgrass
Smoothie with Hemp Seeds

A lot of Americans like breakfast in a bowl, so just make a thicker smoothie, pour it in a bowl, add toppings, and gorgeous, deliciousness awaits you! 

Blueberry Banana Bowl with Goji Berries and Chia Seeds

Make a green smoothie even prettier by adding a pop of color with goji berries on top! 

Goji Berry Green Smoothie

Take study breaks or work breaks and enjoy some delicious fruit to re-energize! 

Pomegranate Grape Bowl During My Study Break

Always be thankful for awesome roommates who make you food! Check out the delicious Tortilla Soup my amazing roommate made! 

Vegetarian Tortilla Soup

And remember, shine with happiness because happiness makes you beautiful and it's contagious! 



Lots of Love,
Alexis 



No comments:

Post a Comment