Saturday, October 5, 2013

Fruit Platter - Sweetly Orange Smoothie - Mexican Crackers

Hi all! I have been so busy with school that I have not gotten a chance to post lately, which is why I am excited that I have a break this weekend to update my blog with my newest recipes.

First up, nothing is sweeter than a delicious fruit platter of your favorite fruits to snack on when you get home from school, work, or a long hard day. Here is a Fig Fruit Platter I put together and loved! It includes fresh figs, kiwis, grapes, and nectarine slices. So juicy and delicious!

Fig Fruit Platter
-sliced kiwis
-sliced figs
-red grapes
-nectarine slices
Fig Fruit Platter

My second favorite refresher is a delicious, nutrient rich smoothie. Whether you like berry smoothies, citrus-y smoothies, veggie smoothies, chocolate banana smoothies, and so on, you should definitely try this Sweetly Orange Smoothie made with sweet potatoes! Both the sweet potatoes and bananas are great sources of potassium, which has many benefits such as lowering blood pressure. The almond butter and spirulina are great sources of protein. Spirulina is a powder made from algae that is 65% protein, high in chlorophyll, high in iron, and contains many other vitamins. Try it out! You can mix and match ingredients, but the basics are sweet potatoes, bananas, and almond butter. Indulge in a little orange!

Sweetly Orange Smoothie
-Sweet Potato (depending on your blender power, boil first to soften)
-Bananas
-Goji berries
-Pumpkin seeds
-Almond Butter
-Spirulina
-Water & Ice
-Chia, Flax, & Hemp Seeds 
-Pinch of cinnamon

Sweetly Orange Smoothie


Lastly, for lunch and dinner one week, I decided to get crafty and make some Mexican Crackers. I used some tomato, garlic, onion, cilantro guacamole as my spread on my crackers and then topped each cracker with corn, black beans, and red bell pepper. Best part is the sweetness from the red bell pepper balances the tangy guacamole! So delicious, fresh, and easy :)

Mexican Crackers
-crackers of your choice
-tangy guacamole
-fresh corn
-fresh black beans
-fresh chopped red bell pepper

Mexican Crackers

Enjoy! These recipes are definitely keepers when you need a healthy snack, smoothie, or meal! Wishing everyone health and wealth!

Cheers to colorful foods!

No comments:

Post a Comment