Saturday, August 17, 2013

Be Raw Celebration!

Tonight, my family took me to my favorite restaurant, Be Raw, to celebrate my last weekend in Dallas before I leave for my second year at Texas A&M. Taking me to Be Raw was truly a treat because I know it was not my family's ideal restaurant of choice. But, I guess they love me enough, so they spoiled me! I am so blessed!

Let me tell you about it! First, we all ordered juices with 3 ingredients. Mine was kale, cucumber, apple. Mom's and Sam's was carrot, apple, cucumber. Dad's was carrot, kale, apple. Wow! Such great nutrition was packed into these little liquid guys! I am biased that mine was the best, but you can tell we all ordered apple in our juice to give it a little sweet touch to the veggies.

Note, I tried to give my family the best advice on what to order, especially since I know them so well I had a vague idea of what they would like. The nice thing about Be Raw is that you can order half sizes of almost any dish, except a few. Therefore, you can taste and try a few different things without being stuck with one if you don't like it much, which of course won't happen! :)

I definitely did the best job of predicting what my mom would like. My mom and I split the Bliss Salad (oh so good!). It was plated so cute, too. The avocado slices were placed like a starfish, which gave the dish a beachy, tropical feel. Nothing like day dreaming while enjoying good food! Forr a girl who doesn't like salad dressings, my favorite part of this salad was surprisingly the sweet ginger miso dressing! It combined so well with the salad. I was definitely impressed! I would order this salad again in a heart beat! Yummy in my tummy! It deserves two pictures.


Be Raw Bliss Salad (1/2 Size)

Be Raw Bliss Salad (1/2 size)

The second dish my mom and I split was the California Pizza. It is addictingly good! I seem to want it every time I go there now. Since I know my mom likes things on the sweeter, fruitier side, this was perfect!

Be Raw California Pizza (1/2 size)

My brother, believe it or not, ordered the Kale Salad again and would not even share! If you tried to snag a piece of kale from his plate, he fought you off with his fork! Feisty! For a boy who wouldn't eat salad before trying the Kale Salad at Be Raw, I was shocked! Way to go little bro!


Be Raw Kale Salad (1/2 size)

Time for tough stuff. My dad was the hardest to please because he will really eat anything, which makes it hard to predict what he is going to like. He enjoyed the comfy couch seating as well as reading the magazines and books on the shelf at Be Raw, but he did not seem to get the memo that nothing was cooked, so whatever he ordered was going to be cold.... or only lukewarm. When he ordered the Corn Chowder with sweet yellow corn, coconut water, hemp seeds, avocado, lime, and ginger, he was not expecting it to be room temperature so that threw him off initially but he got over it. After that, the only part tripping him up was the spicy ginger in the soup! So good for you, but spicy even to me! For his main dish, he got the Spaghetti and "Meat" Balls, one of Be Raw's most popular dishes. For a raw, uncooked meatball, my dad was impressed! Score! Don't worry it won't make you sick, the meat balls are made from walnuts and other not-needed to be cooked ingredients. He even credited the delicious salad on the side! Score 2! Finally, he liked the bed of spiralized zucchini with sun-dried tomato marinara but once again complained about the coldness. So make sure if you take someone picky, stuck on a standard american diet, and always eating cooked foods... you continually remind them the food is raw, uncooked, but so healthy and stocked with great enzymes!

Be Raw Corn Chowder

Be Raw Spaghetti & Meat Balls (1/2 size)

Lastly, dessert! There is no better way to bring a stubborn eater to Be Raw than by telling them about the melt-in-your-mouth desserts they have to try! A super healthy dessert, made from raw, uncooked ingredients, unbelievable! We ordered the too-die-for Brownie, my favorite since I am a choc-oholic, and the Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake! I actually don't like cheesecake but this one was delicious, so fresh! It was made from raw cashews, lemon, blueberry, and more plus a crust of walnuts and agave.

Be Raw Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake

Be Raw Brownie!

The food truly does make you feel great... re-energized & rejuvenated! Eat clean food and you will feel clean! Eat living food and you will feel alive! Just give it a chance :) I always feel so great after I just sing to my radio all the way home, or in this case had an awesome chat with the family. Once again, I was reminded I was so blessed to have a wonderful family, who went out on a limb to go to my favorite restaurant before I leave for my second year of college. If only I could pack my family and Be Raw in my suitcase, I would be set! So sad to leave, but it makes it all the more special to come back! New challenges to eating healthy lie in wait at college! I'm up for it! Let's go!

Cheers to health!

No comments:

Post a Comment