Friday, August 30, 2013

Simply Smoothies

Smoothies are fast, delicious, and nutritious! So, when I am on the run to school, there is nothing better than a Vitamix smoothie! Two of my favorite smoothies that I made this week were the Almond, Banana, Chocolate, Oat Smoothie and the Berry Lemony Green Smoothie. First, I tried a new spin on my normal Chocolate, Almond Butter, Banana smoothie by throwing in some oats and flaxseed. Everyone loves oatmeal in the morning! Second, for my Berry Lemony Green Smoothie, instead of using orange juice (because I ran out!), I tossed in half of lemon with the seeds removed but the skin on! The Vitamix could handle it. As my friend said this week, as expensive and powerful as the Vitamix is, "It should be able to blend your shoes!" Of course, I wouldn't recommend trying that at home. But, definitely, enjoy the following smoothie recipes at home :)


Almond Banana Chocolate Oat Smoothie
- 1 tbsp. almond butter
- 2 bananas (preferably frozen)
- 2 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup raw oats
- 1 tbsp. flaxseed
- 1 cup water with ice



PB Banana Chocolate Oat Smoothie
 
 
 
Berry Lemony Green Smoothie
-1/2 lemon (cut out seeds)
-2 stalks celery chopped
-1 leaf of kale
-1 cup water with ice
-1 cup frozen berries
-1 cup almond butter
-1 tbsp. hemp seeds
Ingredients!
 

 
 
 
 

Enjoying my smoothie outside in the sunshine was the perfect setting to drink up nature's abundant supply of fruits and veggies!
 
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment